November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Low-fat spinach dip recipe!!

My friend e-mailed me an awesome recipe the other day. I finally tried it last night and it tasted so good. I have been lazy in the past and just went out to buy spinach dip at the store. This was so easy and fast, that I will always make it myself. It made enough to serve an army, so if it is just for 2-4 people, I would cut it in half. It was so yummy!!!

Amanda's Awesomely Low-fat Spicy Spinach Dip!!!
2- 8 oz. pkgs. fat free cream cheese
2 cups shredded monty-jack cheese
2 cans Rotel
1"bushel" of chopped green onion ("for lack of a better word")
2 10 oz. pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
Thaw spinach and drain water from it. Put everything into a skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently until it is hot and cheese is fully melted. I love to add lots of hot chili powder and Louisiana sauce, if you're into that sort of thing. This serves a lot of people as a great side or appetizer with tortilla chips OR you could rock the healthy whole wheat crackers! You can always add some crab meat or 12 artichokes to give it a kick!

No comments: