November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I really don't like no see-um bugs :(



Lacey is probably looking at ants.


The campsite.

Sarah and Roxie.

Sarah and I finishing our hotdogs.

Sweet little Katie Bug.

So, David and I had a huge Labor Day weekend planned at Lake DeGray with Jason and Sarah. We headed out on Friday afternoon with our boat and Jason and Sarah were meeting us there with the camper. Well, we beat them there, so David wanted to put the boat in so we could check out the lake. Well, that was a very bad idea. While, I was waiting for him to go get my car, I was holding the boat and hundreds of these little black gnats (no see-ums) literally attacked me. I really didn't think much of it, but the next morning is when I saw the damage. I was covered from my head to my toe with huge red whelps and it was itching so bad that I couldn't even think straight. We went ahead and took the boat out on Saturday afternoon, but then David started getting attacked by them too, so we decided to go home on Saturday night. Jason and Sarah were not getting bit as much as we were, so they decided to go ahead and stay. The only pics I have are from Friday night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy and David,

I know exactly how you feel about the no see-ums. I probably had about 200-300 on me after Ken and I attempted a camping trip. I went to the ER and the Dr. said he had never seen so many bites on one person. They were a mix of mosquitos and no see-ums. Lucky me. A shot of Benadryl (I think) took care of the itching.

Love you both.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey,

YES, this is my very first comment to leave on the blog since it was established some time ago. I am very excited and thrilled to actually be telling you that I love you so much and thank you for putting so much time and effort into these many chapters of our lives.

Keep up the excellent work

Love you,
David

Stacia said...

Darn ants! That happened to me once and my ankles looked awful!
Hope you feel better!