November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Bunco Cookie Exchange!!


On Monday night, we had our annual cookie exchange party. I left my camera at home, so the only picture I have is an assortment of all the cookies that I collected that night. Basically, there are 12 ladies in the group and each person brought 3 dozen cookies. One dozen to snack on while we socialized and played bunco, the other two dozens were for each person to take two cookies of the 12 different cookies that everyone brought. I baked 3 dozen of Butterfinger cookies, they were so yummy!! David and I even made some for his work Christmas party and they were a huge hit there. I will enclose the recipe in case anyone wants to make some cookies over the Christmas holiday.
Sidenote: I am so excited that we are leaving in a few days to go see David's family in Florida for Christmas!! We are going to have so much fun!! I will have lots of blogging to do when I get back. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Butterfinger Cookies
1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
3/4 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 large egg
1 C. (about three 2.1 ounce bars) coarsely chopped Butterfinger Candy Bars

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in large egg, gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Butterfinger pieces. Drop by slightly rounder tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes about 24 cookies.

No comments: