November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Camping and Fishing on the Little Red



































We went camping and fishing on the Little Red this past weekend. We left on Saturday afternoon later than we expected. We got to the campsite where we met my sister, Jason K., Sara, Trey, Tommy and Sarah. We got our tent all set up and we headed out to do a little trout fishing. David rented a fishing boat from the base. So, we loaded Katie and Lacey up on the boat and we took off. We got a couple of bites, but the river was very high, so we decided we would try again on Sunday morning. So, once we got back to the campsite, we started dinner. Trey made some awesome deer chili, we grilled hamburgers and I brought St. Patrick's Day cupcakes for everyone. It started to get pretty chilly before we decided to call it a night. It probably reached 30 degrees if not colder, being right there on the water. Everyone brought heaters for their tent, but we didn't. So, needless to say we almost froze. Also, Katie and Lacey do not do well in a tent. They constantly moving around and barking because they think they hear something. So, we probably got no more than a couple hours of sleep. We woke up bright and early on Sunday morning. David made an awesome breakfast and we packed everything up and headed down to the boat to do a little fishing before we left. Well, we got there the boat was half way full of water, almost ready to sink. The river dropped almost 6-feet the night before the wake from other boats coming by early in the morning, filled our boat with water. Trey and David got a bucket to start dumping water out of it. In the meantime, Trey and Sara's dog, "Cowboy" ( a chocolate lab) was playing with Katie and Lacey. Let me re-phrase that, he was playing with Katie because Lacey was trying to make everyone stop playing. Well, Cowboy proceeded to run ninety miles per hour up a 90 degree cliff and Katie followed, not quite sure how she made it up there, she is much smaller than Cowboy, well before I could even think here she came rolling down the cliff, she didn't realize she could go around and take the path. She is so lucky she didn't break anything. She only had a small cut on her belly. So, finally we got the boat up and running, so at this point we were just ready to come home.

Sidenote: We purchased a ski boat on Saturday morning, so the only thing on our mind was getting home and getting that cleaned up so we can get it ready for the lake. I will be attaching pictures of the before and after pictures and all the details later this week. We are going to live on the lake this summer and I can't wait :)

4 comments:

Marcy and Matt said...

It sounds like you all had quite an adventure! I am such a nerd I've never been camping but I wouldn't last very long in the cold! I need to work on my posting, yours looks so great! I must figure out how to add pictures. I love the puppy stories.

Ken (dad to some) said...

Cool pics! Looks like a good time but I know better. Too bad you didn't get pics of David raising the sunken boat:)

Anonymous said...

You got a ski boat! Can't wait to see the doggies waterskiing!

Looks like a good time was had by all on the fishing trip. Spanky says he wishes he could have been there.

Susan said...

I will miss the lake this summer. :( But will be busy and happy doing other fun things. I also missed our annual Buffalo River Float Trip we do with a group of friends. I'm way too fat to row (ok, ok, I didn't really do much rowing before) and it'd be danger zone if we flipped. I'd be a beached whale for sure. Next year, next year....might still be a beached whale though.