November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Monday, March 05, 2007

A get in shape challenge for myself......

So, over the past couple of years I have gained a little weight, nothing out of hand but the kind as you get older and eat everything you want kind of weight. So, starting this morning I went running for about two miles ( I thought I wasn't going to make it), gosh I am so out of shape. So, I am going to really watch what I eat, mainly cut out sodas and fried food and start exercising several times a week and I think it will be easy to get back down to my wedding day size. My goal is 15 pounds (so that should be pretty easy), we will see. I am writing these specific blogs for myself to keep up with my progress. But, feel free to give me any encouragement, healthy recipes, workout plan advice, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am trying to do the same, but am not a gourmet cook, and mike thinks he's is the best shape ever (HA!) and does not need to diet. So if you find some good and easy recipes, I would love to have them!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK Amy!!!
You will lose it in no time!!!
After the baby gets here I am joining the Gym. We have a new Gym like 1 minute (if that) from my house! So, I can't wait to get back in shape.
Let me know how it goes. And if you get some healthy menu ideas-please share!!!

Susan said...

Weight Watchers has great recipes. I just always had a problem with measuring/weighing everything I ate...it's a psychological thing that won't let me forget I'm dieting, ya know?! I do have a vegetable & beef soup recipe from them that's greeeaat and so easy!