November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nanny Diaries


So, Monday night I finally talked David into going to see "Nanny Diaries". I had to go see this movie since I am in the nanny profession. I was a nanny all through college and now that I help families find nannies, I was dying to see this movie. I thought it was very cute and very accurate. I put the overview below that I found on a website.



Synopsis: A 21-year-old New York University student becomes a nanny to a family on the Upper East Side who turns out to be the family from hell. It's the story of the journey of Annie Braddock (Scarlett Johansson), a young woman from a working-class neighborhood in New Jersey, struggling to understand her place in the world. Fresh out of college, she gets tremendous pressure from her nurse mother to find a respectable position in the business world although Annie would prefer to trade in her blackberry for an anthropologist's field diary. Through a serendipitous meeting, Annie ends up in the elite and ritualistic culture of Manhattan's Upper East Side--as remote from Annie's suburban New Jersey upbringing as life in an Amazon tribal village. Choosing to duck out of real life, Annie accepts the position as a nanny for a wealthy family, referred to as simply "the X's" (Laura Linney and Paul Giamatti). She quickly learns that life is not very rosy on the other side of the tax bracket, as she must cater to the every whim of Mrs. X and her precocious son Grayer, while attempting to avoid the formidable Mr. X. Life becomes even more complicated when Annie falls for a gorgeous Harvard Hottie (Chris Evans), and she's forced to explore her identity as never before.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I want to see that, but I want to read it first. I'm trying to borrow the book from a friend.