November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Finally a update!!

Waiting for my epidural
Got it and feel great!!

Just waiting on sweet Caroline!!

OMG, the first time to see and hold my baby girl!!

I can't believe she is here!!

Getting her evaluation :)




6 pounds 14 oz.


And baby makes three!!

Daddy's Girl
She already loves her daddy!!
Aunt Sarah
Nana and Uncle Jason


19 3/4 inches


I am so in love!!

Proud Nana
Uncle Jason
Uncle Jason and Sarah

After her first bath :)

Look at that cute bottom










Relaxing after her bath!!


Day one begins :) My nose was a little crooked from being on my mommy's pelvis




I am going to attempt to do a very long update, but it may take all day :) First, let me begin by sending many thanks to our family that has helped so much the past 6 weeks. I am going to rewind back to my delivery, since I never really got a chance to blog about it. I had the most awesome delivery. I probably could not of planned for it to go that smooth. I just went in for my 39-week checkup. I was dilated to 3 and 50% effaced. I did mention to my doctor that Caroline's movement had decreased, so she put me on a monitor. After a hour, she came back in and said well are you ready to have Caroline tonight?? I was in shock, but I think David was in even more shock. I told her that we would go grab a quick lunch and go home to get our bags. She promptly told me that I would be going straight to labor and delivery. So, David and I left the office in happy tears that we were finally going to meet this sweet baby girl that we have waited for so long. David and I went to labor and delivery and I got checked in. They said it would be awhile until they had a room. David went home to get our bags, I still didn't have my bathroom bag packed, so that was up to David. My mom and sister were in Conway trying to hurry as fast as possible. By the time David got back, I was in my room and my water was broke. I had dilated to 4 and was 75% effaced. I was already progressing so fast. My contractions started and I was going to try not to have an epidural. I changed my mind really fast. But, I can honestly say that I had my fair share on hard contractions with no pain medicine. I got checked into labor and delivery at 1:30 pm and had my epidural by 3 or 3:30. Once, I finally got relaxed my nurse checked and I was dilated to 6. During this time my mom, sister and brother joined us in our labor and delivery room. The next time I was checked was by my doctor that was on call and it was 7pm. My doctor planned to run home and then come back in a couple of hours to check on me. Well, once she did the check I went from 6cm to 10 cm within 45 minutes. I was ready to push!! I only pushed for 24 minutes and Caroline made her debut in this world at 7:24 pm. She was crying but not screaming, so NICU was called in because she swallowed a lot of fluid. I was worried to death, but in no time she was screaming to the top of her lungs :) Here are some pics from Caroline's birthday.






























FYI: I have decided to try to update once a day or so that I can catch up to where she is now, which is seven weeks. Lots and lots to tell about!!

2 comments:

katandkarl said...

great birth story! i LOVE that pic of you meeting her!!

Susan said...

I'm so happy to see all the updates and to hear that things are better! Now, sit back and enjoy! Call me so we can reschedule our get-together sometime!