November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Monday, September 08, 2008

Caroline's Vaccine Schedule

I am posting the vaccine schedule that I plan to use for Caroline. I would appreciate any feedback:

2 months: DTaP and Rotavirus
3 months: PC (prevnar) and HIB
4 months: DTaP #2 and Rota #2
5 months: PC, HIB
6 months: DTaP#3 and Rota #3
7 months:PC,HIB, and Flu
8 months: Flu #2
9months: Polio#1
12 months: Mumps, Polio#2
15 months: PC, and HIB
18 months: DTaP and Chickenpox(varicella)
19 months: Flu(now on an annual basis)
2 years: Rubella and Polio #3
2.5 years: Hep B#1 and Hep A #1
3 years: Hep B#2 and Measles
3.5 years:Hep B#3 and Hep A #2
4 years: DTaP, Polio #4
5years: MMR booster
6 years: chicken pox #2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time deciding on how to do Blaire's vaccines, but I finally decided that getting them over with at once was the best thing, especially when she is old enough to know what is going on! I don't how it's done down there, but 3 of those shots are combined into 1--so essentially it is only 2 pokes. And the Rotavirus vaccine is not a shot, it's an oral vaccine that tastes just like sugar water, and Blaire loves it! That's just my opinion and Blaire tolerated them with no problems. I just couldn't stand the thought of her getting shots every month! But you have do what you're comfortable with. She looks beautiful in the new pics and you, too! I can't wait to see her in person!

I am so wise said...

I recommend you do what the experts say. After all, they possess the training and expertise that even mommy instincts "which are really bad" can't match.

Anonymous said...

This is such a tough one. FYI, when Maggie was little there wasn't a Rhotto Virus vaccination. It is not a fun virus to get, lots of diareah and throw up but we survived it. I opted not to get that one. We also don't get the flu vaccinations. I know at one point while Maggie was getting her "bundles" of vaccinations our pediatrition told us that if we had any apprehention about vaccinations he would suggest taking most and leaving the flu shot. We have never received the flue vaccination. It is such a TOUGH decision. You will not stop worrying and I feel for you, our 4 months are due and I am dreading it! Danielle