November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Let the Christmas post begin~David's Mustang progress



Cleaning out the inside.

Before the test run.

A little fine tuning by Dad.

Ready to get it back on the road!!


Installing new batteries.

The final product!!

Installing the new air cleaner.

Dad and I checking things out!!

Tightening valve covers.

Almost complete.

My new front end from March Performance.

Putting it all together.

Installing my new alternator.

Putting on new valve cover gaskets.

Fresh paint on the block.

Old and new carburetor.

Cleaning up the heads.

Dad and I working hard.

Before the cleanup.

Just getting started.

Checking out to see how much work we have ahead of us!!

Completely done and ready for the road!!

I know I am so behind on updating our Christmas. Ken and Joyce arrived from Vero Beach, Florida with their two keeshonds. It was so funny having four keeshonds in the house. They did their first initial growls and greets and they got along great. I am going to do a couple of different updates. First thing is first, David's car. David has a 1973 Mustang Grande that has been sitting in our garage for sometime, so before his Dad got here, he ordered a lot of new parts. They had a huge project on their hands for a few days, but they loved every minute of it. Here are the pics: I am going to have David put the captions under them, because I don't want to miss anything up :)
























2 comments:

Susan said...

That's really cool. It reminds me of the sitcom "Home Improvement" with Tim Allen and his "hot rod."

the day's said...

my first car was a mustang...and even though i know NOTHING about cars...i loved it!! i kept it until AFTER vivian was born, even! :) yours is a beauty...ENJOY!