November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Working on Naps!!!

Okay, all you moms out there, I need some advice. As most of you know, Caroline didn't sleep very much the first couple months of her life. So, out of desperation for me to get some sleep, I let her nap in her swing. Well, I am afraid that she is really used to that now. I am working on getting her to take naps in her crib. She usually takes 2-3 naps, if I am lucky. So, this morning I let her nap in her swing and right now she finally fell asleep in her crib for her after lunch nap. Please send any nap tips my way. Also, she is so active when she is awake, that within a hour or so, she gets so fussy and tired. But, I don't want her taking more than 3 naps during the day because she will be up all night :) I would love some advice!!!

4 comments:

HeltonTexas said...

Our schedule is:
eat, play, nap!
Wake up and eat and then play for about an hour.
Nap for a while (Jaxon sleeps for at least 2 hrs)
Then repeat!
It literally took me 1 or 2 days to establish this schedule with him but I started at about 6 - 8 weeks.
HE DOESN'T SLEEP THRU THE NIGHT so don't praise me.
When he was young he took 3 naps a day but at around Caroline's age, we dropped the last nap.
times: Jaxon usually wakes up at 8, nap at 10ish, sleep til 12:30 or 1:00, nap at 2ish, sleep til 5. I don't let him sleep past 5:30. Bed around 8-9 pm.
Sometimes we get off schedule but you learn to adjust. I'd give yourself a week of not budging the schedule to get her used to it. And yes, you might have to let her cry in that crib :o(
GOOD LUCK!

Brycen said...

Brycen likes to take cat naps ALL DAY!! But his sitter has worked with him on a napping schedule and he is getting better to 2-3 naps a day. At our 4 month check up the doctor said no more napping in the swing and stop going in the bedroom when he wakes at night. He said let him cry for thirty minutes before going in. Also, no more night time feedings. This took about one night. He sometimes cries for five mins or so during the night and puts himself back to sleep and now he naps in his crib. You might just have to listen to her cry a bit.

Susan P said...

Our schedule is just like Bern's.
My only advice is to just be consistent. I never have trouble getting Landon to bed at night, but during the day sometimes he does. I just don't say a word to him, walk in, lay him back down, put paci in mouth, give him his snuggle blanket, turn on rainforest thing (on the crib) and walk out. 10 minutes later if he is still fussing, I walk in and repeat the same thing (without saying a word). Sometimes it takes 4-5 times but eventually he gets the hint. All in all this process may take 15-20 minutes, but it is worth the 2 hour nap. I don't have to do this often, most times he goes to sleep fine. Consistency is the key! Good luck!

HeltonTexas said...

Susan's schedule is the same as mine because Susan gave me the schedule!!!!!! ha ha