November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I miss blogging!!

I am so sorry to all of our fellow bloggers for being such a slacker. I have been spending all my spare time (which is very little now days) cleaning out closets, getting ready to start on Corbin's room, etc. I don't think I am quite nesting yet :) David loves when I get in this cleaning rampage mood. It is quite a challenge if Caroline is with me because she seems to make a mess right behind me. So, I try to do all that while she is napping. Quick update on some things: Caroline got tubes in last Friday. She had four ear infections since the end of February. We would do a round of antibiotics and then 10 days later another ear infection. David and I can already tell she feels so much better. She is eating so much better, it was driving me nuts that she wouldn't eat hardly anything some days. She has also started babbling a lot more, it is so sad what all that fluid around her little ears were doing to her. Not to mention she was a good sleeper before, she is a GREAT sleeper now. I am usually getting really long naps out of her and she doesn't make a peep from 8pm-8am. She knows her poor mama needs some rest before Corbin gets here. I am a little over 27 weeks pregnant and I am not sure where the weeks have gone. I promise more belly pics soon!! Trust me the belly is growing daily. I had my glucose test on Monday and that all came back normal. I will go June 1st for my next check-up and then start going every two weeks. After, I got over all the sickness from the first and part of the second trimester, I feel great. I have gained 6-8 pound total, so about the same track as when as was pregnant with Caroline. Corbin is so much more active than Caroline every was in utero. I will update all the new things Caroline is doing on her 10-month update, which is tomorrow.


Also, David and I are leaving Friday morning for a beach vacation in Destin. We had originally planned to take Caroline, but Sassy (David's mom) is going to fly in tomorrow and keep her while we go away for some alone couple time. I know she will be spoiled rotten and in the best hands with Sassy, but I am already having to hold tears back. I am going to miss her so much, I am sure a lot more than she will miss me. So, if any of you moms out there have any advice on how to enjoy myself without my missing my baby girl too much, I would love the advice!! I know David and I need some couple time since Corbin will be here so soon and we will be dreaming of a vacation alone :) We will get back on Wednesday and then Sassy will stay with us until Sunday. We are going for my 4-D ultrasound on Thursday, so it will be so fun to compare Caroline's pictures with Corbin's to see if we have another mini-David. Well, wish me luck on being away from Caroline for five nights. Expect lots of pics when we get back!! Here are a few videos of Caroline recently. Please, please excuse my voice, I am so used to talking non-stop to her, I forget that everyone has to hear my voice on the videos. Two are from Easter, one is in the highchair, I was having to make funny sounds to get her to eat because I am sure her ears were bothering her. The other one is from this morning. I have way too much fun hanging out with her all day!!

5 comments:

HeltonTexas said...

I'm sorry but all I can think about is 6-8 lbs........shut up.

But I guess it didn't help you were sick so much.

Stephanie said...

OMG!! that last video is GREAT!!! I love the YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! how sweet she is!!! Have so much fun and I cannot WAIT to see you guys when you get back!

Stacia said...

Precious videos!! Tubes were an answer to a prayer for Jacob when he was about the same age =)

sandra backus said...

I love all the video's!!
She is so cute and will be walking soon.
I can't wait to babysit again.
We have so much fun.

Nicole said...

Love the videos...Caroline is adorable. Keep us posted on Baby Corbin progress!