November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bath time has a whole new meaning!!!

Bath time, what an experience. Bye the way, this is David again and I'm kinda liking this blogging stuff. Transpiring word, thoughts, and certain events onto a web based program, so friends and family can interact is great. I have a feeling you will be getting my perspective about things a lot more. Now where was I, Aha Bath time.






I am entirely very new to this stuff, maybe to new but, bath time in my eyes should be a very joyful, bonding experience between a growing family. Amy and I decided that we would give Caroline a day at the spa, soothing warm water bath, trim and file nails, long lavender massages, and then a big meal to top it all off. Well, that's not exactly how things unfolded. Amy changes Caroline, while I get the water ready Amy then lets me know that this is just going to be a sponge bath not a soaking get all wrinkled up bath. So I then drained all the perfectly warm water that, "the yellow rubber ducky informed that it was not to hot. Caroline then arrives to the little teddy bear sponge that she will be laying in. Shes not real happy at this point, and when the wet wash cloth touched her cold shivering body, she went from not being happy to some sort of exorcist baby. I just wanted it to be over, holding a towel watching Amy carry on this torture was killing me. I'm patting her dry, Amy's getting her wet, not sure if i was helping much but, i know she was cold and i had the warm terry cloth towel that would sooth her quivering body. It was over before Caroline and I new it. I stepped into the picture now and dried her off, i guess i was the hero in Caroline's eyes.
Next on the list, trimming her tiny delicate finger nails. That didn't happen, I thought I was going to cut her finger tips off, Amy and I agreed that filing at this point in her life would best suit all of us. Now, to the massage, she loved it. Stretching her little legs out, yawing, closing her eyes, just wanting more and more. That all changed when we needed to put her cloths back on. For some reason i am very uncomfortable putting outfits on her, I always feel like a will dislocate a shoulder or something, Amy is working with me on my technique. After she calmed down, she filled her tummy up and it was off to bed.


I just loved bath time, and i know that it's all just begun....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, let me start off by saying" Wow, I remember Katherine's 1st bath very well!"
I was scared to death but my mom was there to help! Thank goodness!
It got easier but I was still nervous everytime until she was about 3 months old!!!
Now,at 10 months, its a piece of cake! She just plays & splashes!!!! Don't blink b/c it will soon be you saying this about Miss Caroline!
Also, with the nail cutting thing....oh the joys of mother/fatherhood! The very first time I cut Katherine's nails & I cut her lil' pinkie too! I just bawled my eyes out,but she barely whimpered! So, still to this day, I cut them when she's asleep so that she won't jerk or move & I can't cut her again!
You both will have so much fun with all of the "1st" experiences,but always remember: Caroline doesn't care if you mess up on the small stuff as long as she gets fed,changed,clothed, and lots of TLC she will love you both uncondtionally!!!!!!

HeltonTexas said...

yes, I remember the first bath so well too Lesley.
David, it gets easier and much more fun!
My mom told me to keep Jaxon IN the towel or a receiving blanket during the bath. It will be especially helpful when you actually put her in the water. Probably just for the first few weeks and the water isn't so shocking to her anymore.
She is adorable, you guys are doing such a great job.
And I am a finger nail FREAK. Jaxon gets his cut all the time and I've never done it when he was asleep. Actually, I used to do one hand when he was nursing, then I'd do the other hand the next nursing time, ha ha. But now, he just sits in my lap. It's his "manicure moment", I call it.