November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Friday, July 25, 2008

Dealing with REFLUX!!!

Caroline after her two-week checkup.

I was hoping to do a lot of posts this week and catch everyone up. I thought Caroline had her days and nights mixed up, but then I realized she never really slept much either day or night. So, at her two-week check-up this past Monday, the doc decided to put her on Axid for reflux. Well, that has not phased her. I swear in the past 24 hours sweet Caroline has only been able to sleep a good 5-6 hours and those are intervals of 20-30 minutes. The only way she can sleep comfortably is on my chest. I can't stand that she is in pain. So, since Monday it has really started to wear on Caroline and I. We took her back to the doctor today and he decided to switch her from Axid to Prevacid. I pray that this helps!! So, hopefully once we get this under control we can all three get some much needed rest!! It just breaks my heart to see Caroline in any kind of pain :( Here is a picture of my sweet baby girl!!! Also, her weight gain is awesome, birth weight was 6 lbs 14 0z, two days after it was down to 6 lbs 7 0z, then at her one-week it was 6 lbs 12 oz, at her two-week she was up to 7 lbs 5 oz and then today only four days later, she weighed 7 lbs 12 oz. She literally changes right before my eyes everyday!! Also, I have had several people ask me how our fur babies are adapting to her. They love her so much, but they are ready for her tummy to be better, so she doesn't cry all the time. I have some sweet pictures of the dogs with Caroline, hope to be able to catch up soon!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prevacid works wonders with babies with reflux. You should notice a dramatic change in about a week. Another thing that would help at night is a wedge positioner to put in her crib to help keep her elevated when she is laying down. You probably already have one, but just in case...I hope things get better soon, and you are able to get some sleep!

Tenille Rauls said...

She is beautiful! Hope she starts feeling better soon and you guys can get some rest!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness I hate to hear that for you. We fought acid reflux with Mimi so I know that can be exhausting and sad and all of the above that I know you are going through right now. I don't know if you are nursing but with Mimi, I cut out cafeine and dairy and two days later no reflux. Also right after she ate I would put her on a slope...car seat sometimes during the day, wedge while in her crib. My doc told me that sometimes that can alieviate the burning. Sometimes you just have to take meds though I know, so I hope Miss Caroline gets better for her sake and Mommy's. thinking of you both, Danielle

Jennifer said...

Hey. So I am going to seem like a crazy blog stalker. Sorry! I am one of Karl and Kat's best friend. Just wanted to let you know that a coworker of mine is having the exact same problem with their 6 week old son and no medicine has helped! There obgyn recommened a baby chiropracter (sp??) because sometimes they can get all out of it coming through the birth canal. They were a bit skeptical to say the least! Took him once and he is now sleeping 5-6 hours at night!!!! They said he is a completely different baby and just seems to be much happier. So anyways thought I would pass it along. Your baby is beautiful!

Stacia said...

So beautiful! Jacob had reflux and reglan was the only thing that worked~hope you guys get some rest!