November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Thursday, December 04, 2008

My first day of school!!

My second report card
My very first report card, yes I fussed a little. Give me a break!!

Look at me on my first day of MDO


Well, after many days of long thinking, I decided to start Caroline in a Mother's Day Out program about three weeks ago. I was getting zero work during the day and it was stressing me to the max. I thought I could work full time with no problem. But, my job requires me to leave the house to go out and about and do nanny interviews. Caroline never wanted to cooperate at any of the interviews. I called many Mother's Day Out programs, but I felt most comfortable with Trinity Cathedral downtown. I have know the ladies there for several years because they use the nanny service if they need to find last minute coverage for any employees that may become sick, etc. It is about a 25-minute drive for me from Maumelle, so I wish it was closer. She only goes on Mondays and Wednesday from 9-2. I don't get a ton done during that time, but more than I have the past several months. Miss Tanya, Miss Julie and Miss Aieshia love Caroline so much!! A lot of the babies just graduated to the toddler class, so right now Caroline and Sophia are the only babies. They get tons of one-on-one attention. I thought it would be good for Caroline to get out of the house and get socialized with other adults and babies. She loves it!! The first day she didn't eat well or sleep well, but she was in a brand new atmosphere. After day one, she has done great. She gets a report card everday. The second day she got a A++ . Here is a picture of her about to leave for the first day!!
P.S. Thanks to all my wonderful friends that helped convince me to send Caroline to MDO, especially Stephanie and Bern :)











2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad to FINALLY see you back to blogging! :) I've certainly missed you! Even though I talk to you just about every day! ha! I'm still so proud of you that you FINALLY send C to MDO! :) Mommy's always need a break! And it's OKAY too! :) Chad and I are going on a date night tonight and it's ONLY because Shauntel called and BEGGED for us to let her keep Graham for a few hours (she does need the practice though!).

Susan said...

MDO is a great thing for both Mommy and baby. It teaches them to play with others and make friends. Plus, other adults may introduce a different teaching style than you do which is a nice change for the kiddos. Setler loves his at Little Life Academy (New Life Church). He started at 16 mo. His daily report cards crack me up. He rarely gets all smilies faces, but she's just telling it like it is. I know!