November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh, Daddy how I miss you every day!!!

It has been five years ago today that my dad passed away of lung cancer. He fought a very hard battle, but God decided to call him home!!! There is never a day that I don't think about him. I also tell Caroline everyday how spoiled and loved she would of been by your sweet grandpa!! He was always anxious for grandkids, but knew it would probably be several years before any came into this world. Caroline's middle name "Mae" is named after his mom and he was always a momma's boy :) What I would do for my dad just to be able to meet Caroline for a minute, but I know they will meet someday. I will always tell Caroline stories about her grandpa that is in Heaven. I found this poem and it is exactly what I feel today:


This year would have been the first
that you could gladly say
how you'd become a Grandpa
who's more proud everyday.
Though you've been gone for many years,
still you're loved just the same.
And as she grows
she'll want to know
just how you used to be.
So I'll sob then smile
all the while
that she's upon my knee.
I'll make it clear
how very dear
I hold your memory,
And hide the pain
as I explain what a great DAD you were to me... and what a wonderful Grandpa you would of been to her.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

I have to tell you my father passed away from lung cancer twelve years ago December 1st and it s still a difficult time every year...I don't think the sad ever completely goes away! You are in my thoughts today!!!

Stacia said...

Thinking of you~

Brooke said...

I just wanted to post a comment about this poem. I have been reading your blog for several months even back as far as when you got pregnant. I sent many prayers your way due to the past heartaches with your other pregnancies.

I have a 14 month old miracle that my docs said would never be. My Dad passed away with lung cancer on Jan 11, 2008. My baby was only 8 weeks old. He was put in the hospital when she was only 2 weeks old. So needless to say the past year has been very hard without him being here to see her grow.

Thank you for posting this poem. I borrowed it from your blog and posted it on my Daughters for her to read one day.

Hope all is going well with baby #2 and Caroline! God bless.

Anonymous said...

Amy,


My thoughts are with you.
Miss. Caroline now has an angel
looking down from heaven.