November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Friday, July 17, 2009

Caroline's 1st Birthday Bash!!



Sarah H. and her precious little girl Ceci.
All the kiddos playing in the playroom, Miss Sandra is in heaven with all the babies :)

Madison (Miss Sandra's granddaughter)

Madison playing, I think she likes balls as much as Caroline.

Caroline always needs at least two to three things in her hands.

Madison Hartsfield, look at those eyes!!

Graham, Mia and Caroline fascinated by the balls.

Handsome Graham just hanging out :)

I think Mia wants to take off and get Graham.
Susan, Allyson and Greg Kerr

Susan knew exactly where Caroline was headed, you always have to be one step ahead.

My precious baby and hubby!! Yes, Caroline got two injuries before her party. The one on her eye, she slipped and hit her eye on the corner of our dresser. Poor girl, it never turned black, just a yellow bruise.

Common picture with balls in both of Caroline's hands.
Setler loved the slip-n-slide

Ceci and Mallory playing in the pool.

Miss Sandra and her pretty granddaughter Madison. Sandra is like family to us. She takes care of Caroline anytime we need her :)

Ceci going down the slide.

Madison and Setler having a blast.

Mommy and Caroline getting ready for the cake smash.

Caroline loved all of her balloons.

The only family picture we managed to get all day.

Caroline did not go crazy with her cake, but it was much better than the photo session the weekend before. Slowly decided to put her finger in.

Giving mommy a piece. I secretly got strawberry cream cheese icing, so if any was leftover it was all mine :)


Still not sure about the icing.


Finally, trying it out.



I think I like my cake!!



Giving mommy some yummy icing.

Aunt Dorothy telling Caroline bye, bye!!

But, wait Aunt Dorothy, I have something for you!! So sweet!! This is my dad's sister. I wish my dad could see this picture, he would LOVE it!!

Madison, Luke and Caroline playing in the pool. Yes, Caroline only has on her swim diaper, I had to hose her down after the cake and she was too excited to wait for me to put on her swimsuit, so she stayed in her swim diaper.
Madison and Caroline having so much fun.



Carson and Cameron really wanted Caroline to open their present before they left. She loved it!! Carson and Cameron are 10.5 months apart, I am sure I will call Courtney many times asking how she ever raised two babies so close together.

Cameron telling David a story.


All of Caroline's presents.
Opening her present from Setler.

She loved her tea set. Thanks Madison!!


Another favorite her dump and fill wagon. Thanks Aunt Joyce and Uncle Danny!!

Birthday banner that my sister and I made for Caroline, each year I want to add a candle :)

Aunt Sarah, she was behind the scenes helping so much with the party. Also, I will have to post the most adorable dress that she made for Caroline. I sure hope Caroline gets her Aunt Sarah's creativity.

I love my Uncle Jason!! My brother loves his niece so much!!


Whew, the party is over and we are all so tired, but what a fun day!!



It seems a little surreal to be posting a blog about Caroline's 1st birthday party. We had such a wonderful time, I am not going to say it went smoothly at all times, there were some hectic times. We are so thankful for our wonderful family and friends, the birthday party would not have been so much fun without everyone. David set up a water wonderland in the backyard with slip-n-slides, kiddie pools (big and small) and even a bubble blowing machine. I worked on getting everything set up on the inside. We had to wake Caroline up from her nap, but she was an angel the whole time. She loves excitement and being around a lot of people, so I think she forgot how tired she was. We did barbecue for everyone including all the sides (thanks Mom for all the help of getting that together). Instead of a cake this year, I decided to do cupcakes from Mickey's and they turned out great. Also, I want to thank Jason and Sarah for all their help. Jason was the master of the grill with the hot dogs. There would not of been any pictures taken if Sarah didn't take them. By the time, we got around to opening presents, it was close to 8pm and Caroline was very tired and all the guests had left, so we decided to postpone that and let her do it at a better time. She had so much fun opening all her presents and got so many fun things. My brother insisted she open his present before he left and how I wished I would of videotaped it. I have never seen Caroline so excited about her Dora doll. It is the night night one and her eyes blink and Caroline went crazy over it. She is constantly rocking it and saying "sshhh". Thanks everyone for letting Caroline know how loved she is and for making her 1st birthday one we will never forget :)

7 comments:

Susan said...

Ya'll sure know how to throw a party. Everything was great fun. I KNEW that cupcake was from Mickey's- My absolute fave! I devoured it on the way home. Glad you posted the cake pics cause we couldn't tear Setler away from the slip-n-slide long enough to come in and watch it live. He had a blast and loves his goody bag goodies! Was I crazy to get Caroline a Christmas dress?! I just saw it last Dec. and thought it was so cute and had ya'll in mind, and the pillow ornament accompanies it!

Brycen said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!! I can't believe how fast they grow.
Christy

Nicole said...

Wow, that looks like quite the party! I wish I was in Little Rock so I could have celebrated too! Happy Birthday Caroline!
...by the way Amy, you look great! And, Caroline looks like such a BIG girl in that picture of you holding her!

Sandra Backus said...

Amy, I love all the party pictures!
Baby Madison and I had a wonderful time!!!
And I was in heaven in the picture of me and all the babies, I would not want to be anyway else!
Miss. Caroline had the best party
and I love her very much!

Brooke said...

Looks like she had a blast!!!

Stacia said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!

the day's said...

sorry we missed it, but glad we got to stop by and see you! looks like it was lots of fun...happy happy bday to sweet miss caroline!