November 2013 Family Photo

November 2013 Family Photo

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Corbin's Birthday!!

The first time to hold my baby boy.
Aunt Sarah and David were in the delivery room with me.





Proud Daddy for the second time :)


Admiring our sweet baby Corbin.

Uncle Jason holding Corbin, poor guy had not had a bath yet.

Precious face.

Uncle Jason again.

Grandma

David is already so in love with his son.

Uncle Jason

Getting his first bath.

7 lbs 9 oz 20 inches long


I am such a proud mommy.

Aunt Sarah

Aunt Sarah, we think it is your turn now :)

Getting ready to push.
Waiting for Dr. Harrison, so I can start pushing.


Happy Parents.


First, I want to thank all of our family and friends that has given us help, support, advice, etc. through this amazing journey. Corbin arrived July 23rd, 2009 at 7:23p.m. I didn't even realize until my friend Bern told me, but Corbin was born 7-23 at 7:23pm :) I was just thinking how crazy it was that Caroline was born at 7:24 pm. I had an amazing delivery with Corbin, I really didn't think I would get as lucky this time as I did with Caroline. When, I went to my 38-week check up on Thursday morning I was 4 cm and 80 effaced and just happened that Dr. Harrison was on call. Sidenote: William Harrison is the best doctor, if any of you ladies that read my blog are looking for an OB, you will love having him as your doctor. Dr. Harrison knew if he sent me home, that I would be back in full labor on my own by 2 or 3 am, so he decided to admit me to labor and delivery. He was already scheduled to deliver 6 other baby boys that day, so he decided to let me progress on my own throughout the day. I got all settled in my room at 11 am and the nurses attempted my IV, however, I ended up with three blown veins. My arms are a mess right now, with bruises all over them . Thankfully, Nurse Joy tried it for the 4th time and it worked great. I was having very consistent contractions on my own, hitting around the 6 to 7 range, I think the highest are 10 on the monitor. Just I pretty much just relaxed until around 1 or so and Dr. Harrison broke my water and the contractions started coming harder and closer together. A few hours later I got my epidural and let me tell you I was really ready for that. After, it was put in, I was still feeling a ton of pain, so the anesthesiologist decided to give me some more medicine and that did the trick. By this point I was a 6 cm, so around shift change at 7pm, the new nurse checked me and said I was at 10 and ready to go. They went to call Dr. Harrison, however, he was already minutes away because he knew I would be ready. I started pushing at 7:11 and Corbin was born at 7:23. He got a 9 on the apgar scale at birth and 5 minutes later, so a very healthy little boy. I was just amazed at his beautiful strawberry blonde hair. We stayed in recovery for awhile and then off to our room for the next 48 hours. I was in shock that he slept non-stop, everyone knows his sister never did that :) He was a little jaundice, but not enough for him to stay. We got home on Saturday afternoon and it was a great transition for Caroline meeting her baby brother for the second time, but this was the first time at home. Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jason met us at the house. While, we were at the hospital Miss Sandra kept Caroline and I know she spoiled her rotten, which is exactly what I wanted her to do. She took Caroline shopping for some "Big Sister" gear, went to the park, lots of wagon rides, etc. Thank you so much Sandra for taking care of my sweet Caroline. I never once worried for a second about Caroline, just missed her terribly.

3 comments:

sandra backus said...

Amy,

I love all baby Corbins picture's!
I love the one of David holding him,
he is one proud Dad!
Corbin is a wonderful blessing to your family!
And a wonderful gift from God.
I enjoyed every minute I was with Caroline! She is such a sweet little girl and also very funny!

Unknown said...

I just want to congradulate you on your beautiful family. I am friends of Lesleys, but have been keeping up with your blog. I have a girl and boy 25 months apart, its busy but so much fun. It really just goes by too quickly. Enjoy:)

Burtons Blessings said...

He is so precious! I'm so glad the delivery was good and he is such a good baby! We need to come see you all soon.